Understanding how we work at
A Better Life Outside.
Before teaming up with a landscaping partner it is important to know how they will work and what to expect. Our design and construction process includes:
1. Initial landscape design consultation:
This is a 90min meeting in which our designer comes out on site to meet with you. They will determine the scope of the project, your likes and dislikes, budget and required function of the project. They will take into consideration the existing environment and structures and suggest best placement of materials and colour schemes. They can provide you with the options and ideas to help achieve your dream, pending budget of course. The consultation is primarily done for two reasons:
1. To determine the scope of work and therefore the cost of a design if required, &
2. To provide as much good advice as possible so you're able to make informed decisions moving forward with your outdoor project.
We charge $350.00 for Design Consultations
After the consultation, you will receive from us:
- An outline of the agreed scope of works
- Confirmation of your budget if indicated, or whether the design is to be treated as a master plan for staged works
- A design fee proposal detailing the costs for plans, elevations or 3D designs if required
The consultation fee is deducted from the cost of a design should you choose to proceed with A Better Life Outside.
2. Design Stage:
We will taylor a design package to suit your project and your ability to be able to invisage the completed concept. The two main design options are:
a) Standard 2D Design Package - This includes a 2D concept design, a planting plan and elevations if deemed required.
b) 3D Design Package - This includes everything in the 2D package but also includes 3D rendered images of the finished product. You can even get a a 3D video to fly you through your new outdoor room or landscape while it's still on the drawing board!
3. Approvals and Construction:
If your project requires aproval, we can lias your local council or a private certifying authority and look after the whole approval process for you. Once all aprovals are finalised, we hand you over to one of the best builders in the business for construction, while keeping in touch along the way to ensure the best outcome in your journey to a better life outside!